Tuesday, September 1, 2009

50 in 100 is kinda unrealistic

Yeah, I know, losing 50 pounds in 100 days is kind of unrealistic. Shows like the Biggest Loser get us all hyped that we too can lose 30lbs in a week. Yeah, I know we're not working out 5-8 hours a day like those TV people. Yeah I know, we don't have an army of fitness experts holding our hands and "beating the weight off". To lose 50lbs in 100 days, you'd have to clock over 3.5 lbs lost a week. That's tough and probably not healthy. But not impossible. Weight Watchers will tell you that 1-2lbs a week is healthy. Losing .2lbs is even good. And it totally is. Anything that give you a downward trend is a good thing.

But I'm stepping it up. I'm really tired of battling weight so I'm not going to anymore.

Weight loss is a process and I'm going to enjoy that process. I'm not going to obsess over should I or shouldn't I eat that chocolate. If the chocolate goes in my mouth, it goes in with the realization that 2lbs might not come off the scale. And that's OK. But I'm aiming for 50lbs in 100 days. 50lbs by the end of the year.

My last official weigh in date, before I got all fired up is going to be my starting place. I weighed in on August 16 at 219.2lbs. I had to skip a week (notes about that interesting adventure to follow soon) and this Sunday I weighted in at 215.4. For you non math people, that's a 3.8lb loss.

Excellent progress!

No comments: