Thursday, September 4, 2008

And so it begins.

I am sick and tired of being fat and lazy. Weight has been a battle all my life. My heaviest was 274lbs stretching my size 24s. I took off 75lbs, only to put 60 back on after a break up (cliché, I know, but I think we are all allowed a cliché now and then). I’m done with it. I’m done with a life that includes a family size bag of chips as an after dinner snack while glued to a television. Now that’s a cliché I will happily give up.

Fitness, dieting and weight loss has been something I’ve read about for years. I have tons of diet books (yes, we are all desperate for the magic bullet to the firm bum). I’ve tried a lot of different things, from Atkins to SlimFast. And as god is my witness, the only thing that has kept me from anorexia is my foodie/gourmet obsession, and the only thing that has kept me from bulimia is the fact that I can’t physically make myself throw up.

After walking out of the Ex’s house, I started Weight Watchers. That worked for a bit but I couldn't see the sense in paying someone $10 a week to step on the scale. People claim its the accountability that helps keep them focused. Well, That didn't work so much for me. The program is too generalized. It doesn't speak exactly to the issues I need addressed.

I flip through diet books and fitness websites constantly hoping that on the very next page I'll find the exact words, the exact program that will magically make this simple as pie. But that's not going to happen. So, that's when I came up with the idea for 50in100. Since I can't find the motivational diet book that I really need, I'm going to have to write it. Since I can't find the external motivation, I'll have to provide it myself. This will be part how-to, part memoir and hopefully with contain very little Ex-bashing.

No comments: