Sunday, September 7, 2008

Day 97 - Limited options

"7 Sep 2008, 12:49 PM
Distance: 2.13 mi
Time: 38:38
Pace: 18:05 min/mi
Calories: 398"

All hail the mighty Nike+. If you have an iPod Nano, which I do, and a special pair of Nike sneakers, you can get this little device in your shoe that speaks to a plug-in to your Nano and it will record your runs or walks. You press a button and the Nano speaks to you, tell you your distance, pace, all that nerdy nonsense. I find that if I don't have a goal of some sort set, I'll just poop out before I'm done. I'm lazy apparently.

So I took this jaunt to the closet market and was fairly appalled that much choices of food were so slim. This particular store is heavy on its own line of packaged food, and pretty much everything I picked up had milk or dairy of some sort in it. Its not hard to watch what you eat when you can eat very little. I'm not unhappy with my month long Vegan experiment. I think its a good decision but it will not be easy. It will certainly help me kick the vending machine habit at work. There isn't a healthy item in that thing. I think even the token packages of peanuts have M&M like candies in it. Oh yeah, and I made a horrible realization that "Milk" Chocolate, has milk in it. OH the humanity. I'm going to have to find another chocolate source!

No comments: