Saturday, September 6, 2008

Day 98 - Soy cheese? Meh? White Chocolate Peanut Butter? Heaven!

So yesterday, aside from the butter flop, was a good day. I have my vegan bento for lunch. Super duper tasty. It was brown rice with Mini Mediterranean Tofu Burgers and some broccoli. I over cooked the broccoli slightly but the rice was perfect and the Tofu Burgers were super yummy. Do try they!

Lunch was so filling, I didn't even think about dinner until about 9pm. I wasn't in the mood for anything, and I certainly did not want to cook last night. I had about cup of All Brand with a little bit of sugar and just enough soy milk (vanilla of course) for it to get moist. I know, it's kind of freaky, but I like the healthy crunchy fiber cereals. With a hint of sugar, it's like ginger snaps or animal crackers, just good for you. SparkPeople says I had about 900 calories yesterday. Yah, not so good but I just wasn't hungry.

Today, I slept in a bit and then made a plan for food for the week. I'm going to try a few things out of Veganomicon. I made the "Almesan". Its supposed to be a spinkle when your dish needs somethin' somethin'. I guess it's supposed to resemble parmesan. It's just almonds and lemon zest. I was doubtful that it would be good, but it's mighty tasty and does add that somethin' somethin'. I'm going to make Pasta Della California for dinner this week. I can break the recipie into single serving portions and won't take longer than 20 minutes to make.

I disovered So Delicious Coconut Milk Yogurt. Really good. I wandered around the supermarket and well, going vegan certainly cuts down your options. Almost every processed food has a milk, cheese or meat product in it. Pankcake mix, Doritos, yeah, all that stuff is pretty much off the table now. Not that I'm complining really. Doritos are a self-indulgent treat that I don't need.

I did however find something that could possibly change my life forever. "White Chocolate Wonderful". This is a Peanut Butter blend by Peanut Butter & Co. "Peanut butter blended with sweet white chocoate". It has 180 calories for 2 tablespoons, about on par with regular peanut butter. It's like all the good parts of a peanut butter cup with out the milk. So yes, it is vegan. I will have to limit the number of times my spoon dips in, but it will be good to have on hand when I need that kick of sweet

Again today, I didn't eat very much, the Yogurt, a pear, and then I made pizza. I used Cook's Country's skillet pizza recipe which makes a crispy thin crust pizza. I made it with fresh tomatoes, basil, soy cheese and soy peperoni. Soy cheese? Meh. It wasn't terrible, but I could have just had the pizza without it. I have stuff to make more pizza but I'll probably skip the soy cheese and pepperoni. It just didn't add anything to the experience. I did sprikle on some Almesan which upped the flavor. I might try some tofu ricotta and pesto soon.

No comments: